ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755136 Members
3210 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion

ProLiant DL380 G6 Continually Reboots

franka

Re: ProLiant DL380 G6 Continually Reboots

I suspect that it's a hardware issue as well, but I had to toss the question out there as I suspect that I might face the question as well. I've put a support ticket to HP on this but have heard literally nothing on this (usually get something saying that somebody's working on it.)
John S King

We gave up over a week ago and i was so hopefull! we had system boards replaced on two of these boxes, 16 days of running solid then bam, boom goes the dynamite, she blew up. i've changed the power setting in the bios since but it's too late for us, just too risky so we have to put off upgrading until mid april (it's the nature of our business). this thread started nov 11 and we talked with HP way before that and knew there was a problem. Mission critical servers shutting down for two months and not a solid fix, that's ridiculous HP
fabio pergola

hello...

i updated the bios rom to the latest , i also set the profile to max, but still get the unexpected shutdown...

any1 with a solution?

I already supplied HP with the .cab file of my system (report)

But i am not happy with : we are working on it... i need a solution or atleast a temporarely solution

Thnx
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Hi Fabio,
Try changing power profile in BIOS.

As per POST by Victor Kuznetsov
Nov 26, 2009 02:25:52 GMT Unassigned
I changed power profile in BIOS to High Performance from Balanced mode and problem disappeared for a week.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">

Joel Meyer

We've had a case open for nearly a month and have gone through many many troubleshooting steps including running vm-support and cfg2html with no answers from anyone. After our sr. tech exchanged some words with HP a replacement motherboard is on its way from Hawaii. Hopefully this will be a permanent fix. We have 1 bad of the 4 dl380 g6 servers we ordered together.
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

okay folks
they are not faulty boards per say but some may have issues ..

power profile works on some servers only it is part of the issue, changing it just makes server use a bit more power so it is not so green etc..

also check iml log in ilo look for event id 57

and if you get event id 57 in windows or in iml log that is another issue easily fixed

for that 57 issue refer to this
and here you need ilo firmware , and management controller then reboot

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01802766〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3884113&prodTypeId=15351

if iml log only reports server shutdown and unexpected reboots , and they do not mention any device

then call HP they have a flash fix :)

enjoy :)
fabio pergola

HP changed motherboard, seems its fixed now

2 days without a reboot
EagelsNestSL

Same here. from 5 mins to 2hours reboots. Only log in iLO:
server reset
power removed
power restored

Even no OS on server, brand new box. Updated to latest ROM, iLO, RAID, nothing helps...
Kopp2
Advisor

Hi all,
this problem is discussed with HP. This is "known issue", but no "realy" solution exists atm. (internal note mmr_na_0257880).
HP recommends us:
- update the BIOS from P62(Jun09) to P62(Oct09)
- update SmartArray p410i FW to 2.50
- change following settings in BIOS:
Reboot the server and press F9 to enter RBSU.
Select "Power Management Options."
Select "Advanced Power Management Options."
Select "Minimum Processor Idle Power State."
Select "C1E" or "No C-States."

I did it on 5 DL380 G6 and additional to changed "HP Power Profile" to "Maximum Performance".

3 days stable till now...
Regards,
Cop
Joel Meyer

HP changed out board and no reboots going on three days now.