ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754963 Members
3356 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant Dl380 Gen10 3019-Server Platform Services Firmware in Recovery Mode.System Halted

SOLVED
Go to solution
ZEHETAL
Occasional Contributor

Proliant Dl380 Gen10 3019-Server Platform Services Firmware in Recovery Mode.System Halted

We had an issue with a firmware upgrade on a HPE Proliant DL380 Gen10 while updating the SPS 4.1.4.901 with the newest SPP 2023.3. After the broken update our server halts every time when the rest api is starting with an error 3019 sps in recovery mode system halted. It seems that sps on the server is corrupt.

We were investigated this error and every time the solution was "Update the SPS". We tried to update from ILO5 web gui and with resttool, but the upgrade isn┬┤t starting at the reboot and we get directly to the error message.

We pulled the power leads, but there is no change in behaviour, the system is every time halted at the rest API. Neither we can boot the server into the SPP iso or other update possibilities.

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Proliant Dl380 Gen10 3019-Server Platform Services Firmware in Recovery Mode.System Halted

System recommended content:

1. HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Server - In ILO 5 BIOS or Hardware Health Status is showing Degraded

2. HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Server Models - Server Internal Health LED is showing Amber due to Correctable Memory alert

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant Dl380 Gen10 3019-Server Platform Services Firmware in Recovery Mode.System Ha

Hi,

I hope this article helps you resolve the issue.

Recovery Guide For an Unresponsive Server Platform Services (SPS) Firmware

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
HPE Tech Tips videos on How To and Troubleshooting topics

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ZEHETAL
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant Dl380 Gen10 3019-Server Platform Services Firmware in Recovery Mode.System Ha

We were able to solve the issue by ourselves. It seems that the ILO repository has been corrupted, too. We deleted the main SPS packages and downloaded older versions from SPS and the innovation engines, but we extracted the .fwpkg files and uploaded the .signed files to the ILO repository and the REST API update did work.