1754894 Members
4112 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML115 G5 Extreme slow install

Svend Ole Nielsen

Proliant ML115 G5 Extreme slow install

Hello

I just purchased a ML115 G5, 2.2GHz 4xCore Opteron with 8GB of memory, for a client and wanted to install Windows 2008 SBS. The installation starts, but it takes an extremely long time to expand files +1h. For fun I tried to install the same OS on another computer with a 2.1GHz Core2Duo and there it only took 15 minutes. I also tried to remove go back to 1GB Factory Memory. That took even longer. Exchanged the DVD Drive with the one in the Dell, that helped a little. Tried using a different older HDD, helped also a little. But initial install still takes forever. Just as a test I tried with a Windows 2008 Standard. Same scenario.

Furthermore the ML115 beeps 3 times before it shows the initial HP Logo screen. With both 8GB and 1GB memory.

Anybody have an idea of what might be wrong or if the system is flawed ?
2 REPLIES 2
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant ML115 G5 Extreme slow install

Svend Ole Nielsen

Re: Proliant ML115 G5 Extreme slow install

Thank you for your reply.

Firmware is up-2-date. Tried the test, no errors. Went on to install SBS once again. Initial install until first reboot now took 2 hours and 3 minutes. But when it started to continue the install, it hung. Did it again, and the initial install took 58 minutes and it continued, but startup is extremely slow. Installed on old 5400 rpm drive again, which took 25 minutes, and now trying to install the rest.

With all these crazy changes I'm reluctant to put this server into production. Maybe I should throw in the towel and contact HP Support :(