ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755664 Members
3819 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant ML350 G5 E200i controller failed battery message cannot be remedied

Jeff-L
Visitor

Proliant ML350 G5 E200i controller failed battery message cannot be remedied

I get the message below for the E200i controller on the system.  Even though the battery voltage checked out, I bought a replacement, and the message stayed the same.  So I got a brand new controller ... and the message STILL persists.

I've installed every updated driver for the system that's available, save for the BIOS update, which HP will not let you have without a service agreement.  The drive controller is Intel 6300ESB Ultra ATA, and I have the latest drive

There are two connectors on the card that have never been connected to anything.  Does something besides the bus connector have to be attached to the motherboard to report the battery power?  Is there any difference between what the program reports for a weak battery and NO battery?

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff-L
Visitor

Re: Proliant ML350 G5 E200i controller failed battery message cannot be remedied

Boy ... no help with a clearly-stated & illustrated problem, no BIOS updates without a service contract.  And HP wonders why Dell is winning.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>no help with a clearly-stated & illustrated problem

This is a peer to peer forum, not an official HPE support site.
So unless your peers know about this, you may not get any help in the forum.