ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754055 Members
3096 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Reason for this kernel message "localhost kernel: hpilo 0000:01:00.2: Closing, but controller still"

ajai4evr
Occasional Contributor

Reason for this kernel message "localhost kernel: hpilo 0000:01:00.2: Closing, but controller still"

Hi All,

I did observe this message "localhost kernel: hpilo 0000:01:00.2: Closing, but controller still active" under /var/log/message. What does this message actually convey? Any idea?

2 REPLIES 2
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Reason for this kernel message "localhost kernel: hpilo 0000:01:00.2: Closing, but controll

Hello,

Please update the ILO with the latest firmware as well as Agentless Management Service (AMSD) with the latest.

Share the Server detail and OS information and complete error message, if the issue still persists after updates.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Reason for this kernel message "localhost kernel: hpilo 0000:01:00.2: Closing, but controll

Hello,

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo