1748033 Members
5033 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Reset ILO

RianRs

Reset ILO

I need to reset my ILO on Hp DL380gen 8 rack server

Server is in remote location and  ILO credentials are messed up and cannot login to it.

Can someone provide the instructions to reset the ILO(changing username and pwd)

3 REPLIES 3
HPSDMike
HPE Pro

Re: Reset ILO

This is done by using the HPONCFG program on the operating system installed on the server. 

Here is an example of how to do it on vmware ESXi, other OS's can be found by searching Google accordingly. 

Full details on HPONCFG can be found in the ILO scripting manual

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo

RianRs

Thanks for the response.

But the server is decomm'd and we are re-using it for other purpose. Here comes the problem as we forgot the credentials to login to the ILO. Hence, we want to reset to default and access it and continue with installations.

HPSDMike
HPE Pro

If you have physical access to the server then reboot it, use the keyboard and mouse to enter the RBSU ILO setup, and reset your credentials from there. More info can be found here 

If you don't have physical access then you'd use the remote method I described through the OS. 

Without knowing the current credentials, you'll need to pick one of the above to get access into ILO again

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo