1758112 Members
3073 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RIB or ILO has not mouse available

Jim Mulgrew
Advisor

RIB or ILO has not mouse available

We've just built out a new environment consisting of DL580G2 and 6400 servers. They've all had the latest rompaq installed on them and are up to the SmartStart v5.5 level. Some are using the ILO and some have RIBs installed. We've seen an unusual, yet consistent problem across the board. On any of the servers, when accessing them through the RIB/ILO we have no mouse, but we do have input with the keyboard. Some of the RIBs have the internal ribbon cable hooked up for the mouse/kybd and others have the external Y-cable. Here's the $64 question. Our boss got new KVM dongles to go with this new location. That is the one difference between this site and all the others. These dongles are from HP (pn#262588-B21). Does anyone else have this setup or can HP/Compaq tell me if there is a compatibility problem with these dongles? Thanks.

- Jim
12 REPLIES 12
Martin Forster_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: RIB or ILO has not mouse available

We have also problems with G2 and G3 Server and our KVM.

Paragon Raritan.
They say that the behaviour of the PS2 Port ist not standard conform.
HP and Paragon are disicussing that to find the guilty company.

Greetings.
Stein Waalen
Occasional Advisor

Same problem with DL 360 standard (G1). When connected through rILO, the mouse stops functioning through a KVM switch. Anyone ?

Best Regards
Stein Waalen
Norway
-Keep riding in circles
Jason Dy_1
Advisor

We are also having problems with our mouse with our DL380 G3s connected to a Belkin OmniView Pro 2 8-Port KVM with Belkin cables. The mouse works shortly after reboots, but stops working after a short time time.
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

You guys have proxies set up in your browser? If so, exclude the address of the RIB. Also which generation RIB's are they? Also, if you don't use the KVM, does everything work fine?
Jason Dy_1
Advisor

I am not using proxy on any of the browsers and I have tried accessing iLO from multiple machines with each machine having the same problem.

I am using Integrated Lights Out Advanced Firmware 1.20.
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

Ok Jason, and you are using the internal cable?

How about the external mouse/keyboard cable? That should not be used on the server you mentioned.
Jason Dy_1
Advisor

Thank you for your response. As far as I know the Integrated Lights-Out does not use external/internal cables (is that Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition?). The only cable is the network cable connection from the LAN to the iLO card. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry, too many boards flying around in my head!!
Jim Mulgrew
Advisor

We see the problem with the new HP KVM IP Console and their associated dongles. When I replace them with the older Compaq KVM console and long gray KVM cables, the problem goes away. Compaq has suggested that I update the firmware of the console and the dongles. I will let you all know how it goes.

- Jim