ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754419 Members
2716 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Server aborts booting after "Loading System Firmware Modules - Start" on a HP-Server ML150

SOLVED
Go to solution
Spider5
Regular Visitor

Server aborts booting after "Loading System Firmware Modules - Start" on a HP-Server ML150

The front left LED flashes red and the power LED left flashes orange.
In the iLO you can find the following messages:
1. Server Critical Fault (Service Information: Power On Fault, System Board, P5V/P3V3/Chipset/AUX Regulators 1 (01h))
2. Server Critical Fault (Service Information: Power On Fault, Power Supply, Power Supply 1 (01h))
I have already installed a new power supply.
The support for the server has expired.

This is the server: HP ML150 Gen9 (Model: 780850-425)

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Server aborts booting after "Loading System Firmware Modules - Start" on a H

Hi,

Try the following troubleshooting:
Bring the server to minimum configuration, like two modules of RAM, etc.
Remove components that are not necessary for boot, like PCI cards, External devices except keyboard and mouse.
Try to clear NVRAM, refer to this document.
HPE ProLiant ML150 Gen9 Server Maintenance and Service Guide

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
HPE Tech Tips videos on How To and Troubleshooting topics

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Re: Server aborts booting after "Loading System Firmware Modules - Start" on a HP-Server ML150

Greetings!

Does this issue happen every time the AC power is lost while the system is in powered on state? 

Are the following options working to recover the server? 

Option 1

1) Remove the AC power cord for 10 seconds and then reconnect it.

2) Power on the system if the Health LED shows solid green.

3) The issue can be safely ignored if the system is back to functioning normally.

Option 2

Physically press the power button to recover the system from a brownout.

If the issue persists, please test the server in minimum hardware configuration as stated above. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Spider5
Regular Visitor
Solution

Re: Server aborts booting after "Loading System Firmware Modules - Start" on a H

On the server, part of the power supply on the motherboard was defective and one of the memory modules was also defective. An identical used server was purchased. The condition of the hardware components was checked via iLO on the new used server. The original smart array controller from the old server was moved to the other server along with the complete hard drive cage. The RAM modules that were OK were put into the other server and supplemented with another RAM module, which was OK. Afterwards the boot order was still put on the Windows server partition. The server then booted up again. In the new server, which had no hard disks and no operating system, there was an identical RAID controller, but with a different firmware version, which could be brought to the same firmware version in case of a defect of the old RAID controller. However, this was not necessary. The server is running again without any problems.

Many thanks for the support.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Spider5,

We are glad to know the problem has been resolved and we appreciate you for keeping us updated. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo