ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755075 Members
3403 Online
108829 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Server Critical Fault (Service Information: Power On Fault, System Board, AUX/Main EF

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gflex78
Advisor

Server Critical Fault (Service Information: Power On Fault, System Board, AUX/Main EFUSE

Hi,

We have one DL 380 Gen9 (M3G77A) with dual PSU 754381-001 800 W firmware 1.00.

We bought the GPU kit with and the GPU riser. We put in a HP nVidia Tesla P100 16GB PCIe 3.0 x16 Q0E21A and when we power on the server we receive the error

Server Critical Fault (Service Information: Power On Fault, System Board,  AUX/Main EFUSE Regulator 1 (10h))

Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Suman_1978
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Server Critical Fault (Service Information: Power On Fault, System Board, AUX/Main EF

Hi,

This should be related to Power cabling or Power supplies.  Usually we see this if power cables are not connected properly or insuffucient power.

Please check the QuickSpecs page# 31.  Also this advisory.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
Recent Support Video Releases

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Gflex78
Advisor

Hi Summan!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.. Found this note

For doublewide GPU support you are required to have at least 1x1400W Power Supply (720620-B21),

We will replace them and post and update.

Gflex78
Advisor

Hi Suman,

We replaced the PSU with 2 x 720620-B21 HP 1400W Flex Slot Platinum Plus Hot Plug Power Supply according to the table below. But we still get the same error. The  advisory that you post is regarding Gen 10 servers and the firmware cannot be updated with firmware from that link and I cannot find any firmware to update for the 720620-B21 HP 1400W Flex Slot Platinum Plus Hot Plug Power Supply. I don’t know how they can have different firmware. One has 1.01 and has 1.10

Do you know if there is the same issue with 720620-B21 and if where we can find firmware updates for 720620-B21 ?

If there is no issue, do you have any ideas on what else it could be?

Power Supplies Bay Present Status PDS Hotplug Model Spare Serial Number Capacity Firmware 

720620-B21  754383-001  5DRNA0ANF390FQ  1400 Watts  1.10  

720620-B21  754383-001  5DRMV0A4D171LA  1400 Watts  1.01

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

I could not find any firmware for that Power supply.
But for your issue, I would suggest to update Firmwares via SPP.
If still not fixed, please get a support case logged with HPE.

https://community.hpe.com/t5/proliant-servers-ml-dl-sl/dl360-g9-bad-fuse-system-board-p12v-main-aux-regulator-1-10h/td-p/7057584
https://community.hpe.com/t5/bladesystem-server-blades/server-critical-fault-bl460c-gen-9/td-p/7158833

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
Recent Support Video Releases

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Gflex78
Advisor

Hi Suman,

The idea to just put in the PSU with the 1.10 firmware never crossed our mind.

We tried it today and the server boots.

Really strange that the firmware update for the PSU cannot be applied on Gen9 servers.

And there is no update for it in PSP.

Now we are trying to find another PSU with firmware 1.10

Thanks for your help, you receive a gold star in my book!

mkbean

I don't have a contract/warranty with HP and thus can't download the SPP. Do you know of another way to potentially upgrade the PSU to 1.10 so I can use the Tesla card I got?