1752679 Members
5503 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Server power removed and Server power restored

Chema Queiro

Server power removed and Server power restored

Hello,

Have a DL380G4 with W2K SP4 that has restarted twice times without any error information. No Windows dumps. No hardware errors reported on Insight Manager.

ILO log reports:
"Server power removed"
"Server power restored"

Regards,

Chema.
3 REPLIES 3
El.Magnifico
Frequent Advisor

Re: Server power removed and Server power restored

Hi.

This entry means that the power cord has been removed and reconnected or that the powersource failed. iLO will report this in any case, also the server itself is not powered on.

So maybe this error was reported when the server was disconnected from power for maintenance reasons or something like that.

Verify if the clock in iLO is set correctly and chek when the powerloss was reported so you can check if the server was active at this time. If it was, there should be an entry in eventlog that the server was shut down unexpected or at least some entries that the server was booted at the same time the server power was restored. The entry that indicates the eventlog was started is exactly the time the server booted.

HTH

Michael
Brett R.

I had the same problem with two of my DL 380 G5. I put them on a new circut and UPS but that still didnt work. After researching this problem on APC's website I found out that I needed to use a Smart-UPS not a Back-UPS. the reason for this, is the way it transfers from AC power to battery. Back-UPS sends out a "step approximation of a sine wave" when it switches to battery, which the server does not like. The Smart-UPS sends a "pure sine wave" and when I tested the server staied on. So try it and see
asddodi

Hi Bret,

could you please tell me what was the solution at the end?

thanks for your answer in advance.

Regards,

Sandor