1748028 Members
5236 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Smart Array Cache

Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

Smart Array Cache

Looking for some advice.  I have a very old HP/Lefthand storage node based on a DL320s G1.  We had to power it off to move it and when I came back up, the cache accellerator was disabled due to a read cache error.  And the Cache battery was dead.  I bought replacment battery and now the battery looks OK but I was still getting a cache read error, cache accellerator disabled.  I bought a refurbished 512MB cache module and replaced the one that was in it.   I still get ' POST Error: 1797-Drive Array - Array Accelerator Read Error Occurred' and the Array Accelerator is disabled.

This is a p400 controller. 

I'm not sure if I just purchased defective hardware, or if it is the p400 board itself or a non hardware issue.  I don't want to keep blindly replacing stuff.  I did see an HP Advisory from 2011 saying if this occured on a controller running old firmware, you need to disable the cache and reenable it to clear the condition.  The firmware I'm running is newer and I don't even see the the cache option on the menu that was mentioned in the Advisory with this version of firmware.

I also ran the diagnosics from the SPP DVD and it shows that the p400 is reporting an unknown cache read error and that the cache accellorator is permanently disabled.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
kyssling
Occasional Contributor

Hi i was the same problem with old ML350 and SmartArray 5300 controller. I buy old battery on ebay and some other shops and some is dead some not.

But very important is then battery is : batteries are recharged in the server for several hours !

You must wait at least 8 hour and after this see status array ... if accelerator enabled.

Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

I did get a message saying the battery was not charged but that massage is no longer appearing when I boot the server.  That makes me think the battery is OK.