108827 Solutions
New Discussion

smart array p408i-a sr gen10 array off-line

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joe Duehmig
Advisor

smart array p408i-a sr gen10 array off-line

I have to rebuild an ML350 Gen10 server after a ransomware attack.  Intelligent Provisioning won't load, and I can't seem to reinstall it.  (Get the error "Unable to mount the install media" when running IP Update ISO version 3.85.)  So I'm trying to install Windows 2019 directly.  I've deleted the old arrays and created a new array in RAID1.  But when I try to install Win2019 (and manually load the RAID driver) it shows the array as off-line.  I can't see anything in the Smart Array configuration options to set it online.  Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks,
Joe

3 REPLIES 3
shiva_jr
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: smart array p408i-a sr gen10 array off-line

Hi Joe,
The configured RAID volume may not be configured as bootable logical drive. Following are the steps-

Reboot the system, press F9
Select the "HPE-Smart Array P408i-p SR Gen 10 controller in PCI device configuration
Configure -> "set Bootable Logical Drive/volume"
Select Logical Drive -> choose the logical drive as "Primary" and "Secondary" Boot Logical Drive/Volume
Complete the process and exit.
Refer this document for more information.

Regards,
Shiva_JR
Please mark as 'Accepted solution' if my post worked.
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Joe Duehmig
Advisor

Shiva_JR,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I would have sworn I tried that earlier, but I did it again and it worked!  Thanks for your help!

Joe

Sunitha_Mod

@Joe Duehmig 

Hello Joe,

That's awesome! 

We are extremely glad to know the problem has been resolved. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo