2886 Online
109069 Solutions
New Discussion

Smart Array P410i battery cache

BujarL
Occasional Collector

Smart Array P410i battery cache

Dear Tech Community,

I hope someone can shed light on my problem. I would like to thank you in advance for trying.

I have HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen7 server. Yes,  it is a very old server, and we hope to replace it soon. Until then,  I have had the following issue with the server:

The server has the following RAID controller: Smart Array P410i

I have replaced the cache battery for this RAID controller, the battery got charged, but I'm receiving the following message under HPE Storage Administrator:

The cache for Smart Array P410i in Embedded Slot is disabled because one or more attached batteries are not supported by the currently running firmware.

The bettery that I use has the following part number: 460499-001

I checked the battery specification and it supported by Smart Array P410i, however I cannot find out what firmware do I need to update!

Can anyone please advise?

Thank you
Bujar

3 REPLIES 3
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Re: Smart Array P410i battery cache

Hi @BujarL ,
    Please try this post, it helps.
Regards,
Shiva_JR

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

BujarL
Occasional Collector

Dear Shiva,

Thank you for taking an interest in this post. I checked the link you sent, I followed the instructions, and I checked for connectivity and battery connectivity issues. I didn't detect any problems there. I also checked the battery status in ADUreport, and it shows as 'Permanently Disabled'

I tried to follow the following link in the post; however, the link does not show any content, perhaps its an old link, do you have newer link that i c

- Battery / Capacitor is selected based on the type of Cache Module populated on the server. Hence please check whether its BBWC or FBWC:
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01682458

Thank you,

Bujar

rabindra11sharm
Valued Contributor

Dear BujarL 

Please find the link and check your compatible firmware version which is available Revision History tab. 

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - Smart Array P220i, P222, P420i, P420, P421, P721m, and P822