1754908 Members
3889 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Smart start

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Smart start

I trying to reinstall my server with NT 4.0 as the first time when i receive it. My problem is, the smart start program don't go on automatic assistance so i don't need to install all the drivers for NT manually. How could i get Smart start to stat in assistance mode again?

Thanks,Claude.
2 REPLIES 2
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Smart start

hi Claude,
what you are probably getting when you boot to the smartstart cd are options like system configuration utilty, array configuration utility and erase utility...this is because smartstart has recognized you have some form of data on the drives..if you want to bring the system back to factory specs and do an assisted install again you will need to run the erase utiity first..NOTE This is data destructive and will result in all your data being lost that is currently on the drives. once the erase utility as been run you can boot to the smartstart cd again and this time it will go through like it did when you first bought the machine
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Stein Waalen
Occasional Advisor

Re: Smart start

There has to be a better way than this ?!!
I have a Proliant 6400R which is only supported by Smart Start 5.50 and lower. I want to install Windows 2000 on the C:\ drive to replace Windows NT 4.0. I want to keep my 150 GB of data on the D:\ and E:\ logical drives. Are you telling me that there is no other way to reinstall the system partition on the server other than do a system erase and loose all my drives ?
-Keep riding in circles