1755592 Members
4145 Online
108836 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Teaming installation failure

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Teaming installation failure

This is similar to another thread on this page...

When I try to install Teaming (1.0.0.21) I get this error:

"The installation procedure did not complete successfully. An error occured during the setup process.

You may look at the setup log file for more details if desired.

Press the 'Close' button to exit Setup."
I have tried the install from the CD and also from download. This is a brand new server, and a first install of the Teaming software.

Why is the installation failing?

Thanks for any help
Jason
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Teaming installation failure

Are you using the standard NIC with another of the same general type (the standard NIC is a single-port NIC)?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

FWIW

Are you getting any unsigned driver signature messages during the install?
If you are you may need to change the default W2K Block Unsigned drivers policy.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I get the same error message on 2 Proliant DL380 Servers. Both servers are using the integrated NIC (NC3163) with an additional NC3123. I'm running Windows 2000 Server (SP1) and installed both servers with SmartStart 4.90. I installed it with no problems on a DL360 using both integrated NICs (NC3163).

Is there a conflict with the NC3163 & NC3123 and the Teaming Driver v1.0.0.21?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

if you are running windows terminal services you must first configure the system to be in installation mode by issuing the command "change user /install" in a command line window click run and type in "cmd". This brings up the windows command line then type in "change user /install" - then run the compaq teaming installation process.

you must reboot for compaq teaming to be loaded into the system.