ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753496 Members
4347 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

The software is not supported for installation on this system.

JWvK

I Have this issue with a lot of servers. INCL GEN10's

The installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management controller driver which is required but is not currently installed. Please install the appropriate system management controller driver and then rerun the setup program.

Press 'Close' to exit Setup.

ProLiant ML350 Gen10

ProLiant ML110 Gen10

ProLiant ML350 Gen9

For Windows 2019 I cannot find any HP SIM agents.

Can someone please help me?

2 REPLIES 2
Xerxes35
Occasional Visitor

Betreff: The software is not supported for installation on this system.

Me too, i try to update the iLO4 and it gave me the same error! 

How you fix that? 

Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

Betreff: The software is not supported for installation on this system.

@Xerxes35 

The error indicates the software you are trying to install is not compatible with the specific server hardware you are using, particularly HPE ProLiant servers. It also mentions the need for an appropriate system management controller driver that is currently not installed.

Here are some steps you can take to address this issue:

>> As the error suggests, you should install the appropriate system management controller driver for your server. This driver is essential for system management and monitoring. You can usually find these drivers on the official HPE Support website. Make sure you download and install the correct driver for your server model and the operating system you are using.

>> Ensure that your server's firmware, including the system management controller firmware, is up to date. Manufacturers often release firmware updates that can improve compatibility and functionality.

>> Verify that the software you are trying to install is compatible with the specific server model and the version of the operating system you are using. Check the software's documentation and system requirements.

>> If you're looking for HPE SIM agents for Windows Server 2019, make sure you are downloading the correct version from the official HPE website. The availability of these agents may vary depending on the server model and the specific version of Windows Server you are using.

>> Ensure that your server is properly configured for the installation of management and monitoring software. This may involve configuring the BIOS settings or RAID controllers, depending on your specific server model and the software requirements.

Remember to back up any important data and configurations on your servers before making any major changes or updates to ensure that you can recover your system in case something goes wrong during the troubleshooting process.

Hope this helps! Let me know..

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.