ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752785 Members
5814 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to HP Service Pack for ProLiant With Active Care Packs

mattmn

Unable to HP Service Pack for ProLiant With Active Care Packs

Hello, I have my servers Care Packs registered with my account but I am unable to download the HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) Version 2014.06.0. I click on the Obtain software button and it sends me to the Overview page recommending that I add a warranty or service agreement. I then follow step 2. Access “HP Service Pack for ProLiant” download page on HPSC and click “Obtain Software”. From this URL, a “Revision History” tab is available for previous versions. and I am back where I started.

9 REPLIES 9
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to HP Service Pack for ProLiant With Active Care Packs

I had the same issue today as well... Seems that there are website issues... Called HP support but they had no idea how long it would take...

I send also a message to the HP Support Center web team but did not get an answer yet... 2 days ago it worked fine...

kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
mattmn

Thank you.

Adapcare
Visitor

We are having this exact same issue. Has anyone been able to get past the redirect page? Or any news on when it will be solved?

waaronb
Respected Contributor

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to HP Service Pack for ProLiant With Active Care Pack

Here is the answer I got today from the HP Support website team:

We kindly inform you that our Development Team have isolated the issue and it has been escalated to get fixed as a priority. We will let you know as soon as the issue has been resolved so that the SPP could be downloaded.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and remain available for any further questions or concerns.

Let's hope it is solved soon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
AlecKeeler
Advisor

Re: Unable to HP Service Pack for ProLiant With Active Care Pack

Me too ...

What's the point in having something really useful like the SPP DVD then cocking up making it available

Alec
AlecKeeler
Advisor

Thanks for that , I'll check the checksum against the HP site (its under installation instructions on the SPP 2014.06.0 web page)

For those also after it see post above, Message 5

md5sum file is same location with .md5sum on the end

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/cd-generic/p1513074441/v99186/SPP2014060.2014_0618.4.iso.md5sum

content matches website, and running md5sum against iso gives same result as well, so integrity of iso link looks good (but do your own checks once downloaded people!)

waaronb
Respected Contributor

I have a habit of checking the HP ftp site because sometimes content shows up there before it's actively linked on their download pages. I'm not entirely sure but I think that's the location it would actually download from if the SPP page was working properly (or it's a mirror).
Mcsweke
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the link.