ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752808 Members
5900 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Upgrading from 32 GB memory to 64 GB with ML350p Gen 8 (error code on post not seeing all memory)

SOLVED
Go to solution
JustinK101
Occasional Advisor

Upgrading from 32 GB memory to 64 GB with ML350p Gen 8 (error code on post not seeing all memory)

I previously had 32 GB of memory in a ML 350p Gen 8 (two cpus) using 8x 4 GB sticks. I want to increase it, so I ordered 8x more sticks of 4 GB to bring the total to 64 GB.

Looking at the documentation (I think I am doing it right) it says to populate:

1,4,5,6  8,9,11,12 slots for each CPU.

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 7.08.48 PM.png

However, when I boot I am getting error code beeps and looking at iLO it is not using all the memory:

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 7.10.03 PM.png

What slots are I supposed to populate to use 8x sticks per CPU, so 16x sticks total each 4 GB for a total of 64 GB? This has me stumped.

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Upgrading from 32 GB memory to 64 GB with ML350p Gen 8 (error code on post not seeing all memory

Hello,

I hope all is well.

I think you are using the correct link.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c05227249

Follow the below steps to isolating the issue.

1. Remove all existing memories.

2. Install the new memories to isolate the issue and which memory occurring the issue.

3. Install new memory as a minimum configuration memory with a single processor.

4. Remove suspected memory and replace it.

Please let me know for further assistance

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Upgrading from 32 GB memory to 64 GB with ML350p Gen 8 (error code on post not seeing all memory

Hello,

Please let me know the current status of the server.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

JustinK101
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Two of the memory sticks I ordered ended up being bad. I got the new sticks today and everything is working as expected. Posts with 64 GB of memory.