ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1771398 Members
2507 Online
109005 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: What is virtual media throughput on ILO 5 ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
quesnl
Valued Contributor

What is virtual media throughput on ILO 5 ?

Hi,

I just wanted to know if somebody know what is what is virtual media throughput on ILO 5 ?  

I copied some files from an .ISO image to a system a windows server system and get troughput on average bettwewn 1.50 MB's up 2.00 MB's when I look at file transfer progress.   It just seem slow and not much info from HPE on what should be the throughput. 

And if it can help the ILO 5 is at version 3.02.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: What is virtual media throughput on ILO 5 ?

System recommended content:

1. HPE iLO 5 1.40 User Guide | iLO Virtual Media

2. HPE iLO 5 1.40 User Guide | iLO Federation Group Virtual Media

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Rakesh0404
HPE Pro
Solution

HI, 
You can try the below for ILO5 and Test:>> For optimal performance, Hewlett Packard Enterprise recommends using image files stored on the hard drive of your client PC, or on a network drive that is accessible through a high-speed network link.
Customer can also check enabling the " Enhanced Download Performance " which is available on ILO FW 2.70 onwards and test performance. 
When this option is Enabled, iLO will optimize its communication with the web server hosting the images.
After changing the option, the setting will take effect only on new virtual media connections and firmware update operations initiated.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise recommends enabling the Enhanced Download Performance option in the following scenarios:
iLO is connected to a low speed network.
    iLO accesses images hosted on remote file shares.
    iLO accesses images hosted on a heavily loaded web-server

To enable the Enhanced Download Performance from the Access settings page, click on the Network settings and select Enhanced Download Performance.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
quesnl
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I am giving it a try. I will keep you posted on my results.

Thanks

quesnl
Valued Contributor

Just enabeling that feature relly speed up thing. 

Thanks for the tip.