ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748180 Members
4005 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

windows server 2012 r2 system repair for ml110 gen9 missing raid on Dynamic Smart Array B140i

IraGrollman
Frequent Visitor

windows server 2012 r2 system repair for ml110 gen9 missing raid on Dynamic Smart Array B140i

Issues with windows server 2012 r2 installation that might benefit from a system repair. Created UEFI bootable USB version of windows server 2012 r2 distribution from Microsoft iso with Dynamic Smart Array B140i driver injected into boot.wim and install.wim before spilting it into install.swm and install2.swm. I used https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/How-boot-HPE-ProLiant-DL160-Gen9-into-Win2012R2-Repair-mode/m-p/7027450?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&q=windows%20server%202012%20r2%20repair&search_type=thread#.XNeKU3dFxPZ for some of the guidance and the article it referenced.

The USB boots and repair is selected, but neither of the two Raid volumes are visible. If I choose system image restore, I can eventually get to a load driver window and select the drivers from another folder I created on the USB drive. The load fails with an error code. If someone can tell me how to replay the .ilo recording, I could post the error.

Any suggestions about how to do the system repair of just windows would be appreciated.

Regards, Ira

2 REPLIES 2
IraGrollman
Frequent Visitor

Re: windows server 2012 r2 system repair for ml110 gen9 missing raid on Dynamic Smart Array B140i

FWIW, the ILO playback in the .NET integrated remote console doesn't display some of the events that occurred. I did a screen capture with Expression Encoder, transcoded to an editable video format, looked at it in slow motion within an editor, and the sequences that happened aren't captured. There are long intervals where the displayed time doesn't advance correctly.

Any other ilo playback tools?

Regards, Ira

NareshISS
HPE Pro

Re: windows server 2012 r2 system repair for ml110 gen9 missing raid on Dynamic Smart Array B140i

Hello,

Please contact the HPE support team and log a case in HPE.

Regards,

Naresh Sharma

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo