1753403 Members
7279 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Wrongly installed outdated bios firmware proliant dl360 g9

BenR1993
Occasional Visitor

Wrongly installed outdated bios firmware proliant dl360 g9

Hi, I have a new proliant dl360 g9 with a E5-2620V4. after some looking I found dat you could update the firmware without an OS installed through the intelligent provisioning ( I'm not used to work with HP servers ). what was strange was that when the software checked online for some firmware it gave me outdated version of the firmware to update to and only the currently installed firmware for the network driver was outdated ( see picture ). so i checked the box for the netwrok driver but when i moved to the install button i accidentally hit the one for the bios firmware. i know you get a summery of what you are going to update but i double clicked the first because my mouse was acting strange so i left the install without knowing what was happening. after rebooting i get a post error because my processor stepping is unsupported. because the installed version is of 2015 and i think the V4 version where not available then. 

my question is is there a way to restore the bios firmware to factory setting using the redundant bios feautre ( if available on this server )  or a way to install the latest version using, with what i found on the internet, ROMPAQ utility or just contact HP support. i don't have a V3 cpu on hand to use to update the bios firmware.

someone who can help me

Thank you

Ben R

1 REPLY 1
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Wrongly installed outdated bios firmware proliant dl360 g9

This article details how to boot from the redundent SystemROM http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0128682

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!