1748167 Members
3931 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't find/configure Array Controller

BR915688

Can't find/configure Array Controller

Hi,

I have been given a Proliant 3000 with no docs or disks. It is the dual proc 600Mhz, 2 Gb Ram and 7 x9.1Gb disks.

So far I have managed to erase the system and rebuild and get it fully working with Win 2k using the SmartStart disk.

What I can't do is get the array controller to be recognised.

I have been into F10 on boot and go to System Configuration - Drive Array Configuration - Insert the diskette labeled Drive Array Configuration into Drive A and insert the disk which I created earlier using the Smart Disk (version 5.5 I think) and it asks to reboot, which it does. I then get an invalid system disk error.

What ever I do, I can not get the array controller configured or even see an option on Boot to configure. Our dell boxes have I think F8 to go into their options.

Can anyone help me out here as I am starting to lose the plot!

many thanks,

/Heds
3 REPLIES 3
Ron Moody
Frequent Advisor

Re: Can't find/configure Array Controller

The last thing you can try is to clear the NVRAM.
Pull your hard drives and restart the server and go into F10. Press CTRL-A to get to Advanced and clear the NVRAM.

Restart the server and watch the screen as it posts. If it doesn;t see the array controller, you likely have a bad array controller....
BR915688

Thanks for your reply.

I pulled all the drives but when it restarted it wouldn't get to the F10 prompt and stopped with invalid disk warning, abort, fail etc.

There was definately not a floppy/CD in the drives.

I put drive 0 back in and rebooted. Got to F10, advanced option was already enabled.

Now, I just can not find the option to clear the NVRAM and I have checked everywhere

Could you point me in the right direction please.

many thanks,

/Heds
BR915688

I am now thinking I don't have a controller.

When I boot the machine, it spins the drives and then lists all the drives attached to that scsi channel.

The other channel has the DAT drive attached.

So, I think that solves the problem.

thanks for your help,

/Heds