1753216 Members
3686 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Cannot restart HP Netserver LH Pro

Aminur Rahman

Cannot restart HP Netserver LH Pro

Hello Everyone,
I’m really in very awkward position; I’ve just started with this company 3 weeks ago. Here we have Windows NT domain with couple of 2000 and 2003 servers. Our PDC is on NetServer LH Pro. Last week when I tried to change one users’ password, I found out the PDC is not responding. I went to server room and found the server is dead. I’ve tried to restart but failed. It is not even powering up. I’ve tried another computer using same power connection, that pc works fine. So, it looks like the power unit is dead. The server room is very noisy; I could not verify whether the fan is moving. According to others the server was working fine since last 7/8 years. I swear to God I did not touch that machine, but who is going to believe me now, everybody is looking at me like …. Any way anyone has any idea what else I could check before I declare it is the power supply. Is there any other switch or any thing I should do before I press the start button in the front panel? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Joseph Weaver

Re: Cannot restart HP Netserver LH Pro

ive came across that problem before to, try checking the power suply with a multimeter to see if theirs an curent. also notice any unsually power suply smell if it smells burnt its probably dead, another thing i do is test the computer with a working power suply from another to see if board powers and posts. power suply failure is actually quite common.