ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1755840 Members
4008 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion

Compaq NeoServer Login

CA1158300

Compaq NeoServer Login

My company has a Compaq NeoServer running SCO OpenServer Release 5 (vintage late 1998) that we inherited from another small company. This has been a very reliable file server for our small company. We recently installed a new server and would like to convert the NeoServer to other functions on our network (such as ftp server). The NeoServer boots to a web based interface that provides admin functionality for managing users/groups, backup, and other basic file management functions. I am able to switch to a console screen that provides a login command prompt in the base OS. The login here does not accept the admin or any users passwords (the ones used in the web interface) to login into the system which would allow us to reconfigure the system for its new function. Adding to this problem is that we did not recieve any OS boot disks with the hardware. Also the hardware consists of only installed HDs and contains no CD or floppy drive (although I have an external floppy drive from my PC that could be attached). My primary question is how can I get logged into the main operating system so that I can reconfigure the system for it's new function?