ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752800 Members
5616 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Netserver LH Plus/Pro Problems

Kevin Pickard

HP Netserver LH Plus/Pro Problems

I am new to this machine, I accuired it from a yard sale not running, I have got it up and started, but I cannot access the bios or cmos settings to configure the system. I am getting errors during startup and it askes me to insert the HP Netserver Navigator CD and restart. I don't have one. Is there a place to download the iso image?
4 REPLIES 4
Jack Sibrizzi
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP Netserver LH Plus/Pro Problems

Hello Kevin,

I wish that I could help you today, but I have a related problem with the same server.

Have you discovered how to access the BIOS level? F2 F1 and DEL do not work for me.

I'll pass info back to you has I get it running.

-Jack
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Guys,

This server uses something called the EISA Configuration Utility (or ECU) which is loaded from a floppy. If you look inside the case, there should be a small sleeve made of ESD plastic. In there, you may find the ECU disk and/or the diagnost assistant disk. If they are not there, you can download them from this link:
LH Pro:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=15490&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50454&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=54

LH Plus:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=15498&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50440&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=54

Make sure you know whether it is the plus or the pro because it makes a difference. The best way to make sure is by checking the product sticker on the server itself; don't rely on the front bezel as they are interchangable.

Hope this helps,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

P.S. Please say thanks with points.
I am King...of my apartment.
Jack Sibrizzi
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Sean T. Craig,

I did try that boot disc before I posted, but it failed.

I will try a new disc, using those URLs.

Now, I am trying to figure out how to give you points (not clear).

-Jack
Kevin Pickard

I am still trying to get this to work, the bois on the netserver is really messed up. I couldn't find any disk inside the case. So I just downloaded the files and going to give them a shot.