ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753519 Members
4839 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Is it possible to install Windows 10 on a HP Micro G7 N36L MicroServer?

secondstory

Is it possible to install Windows 10 on a HP Micro G7 N36L MicroServer?

I've successfully installed the OS, but am having a hard time getting the nic to play ball.  It looks fine in the device manager, but thinks that there is no ethernet cord plugged in.

I have it plugged into a known working port, and there activity lights on the server.

7 REPLIES 7
FabioC1
HPE Pro

Re: Is it possible to install Windows 10 on a HP Micro G7 N36L MicroServer?

Hi secondstory 

This equipament HP Micro G7 N36L not support W10 only WS2008

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/V2/Getdocument.aspx?docname=c04111672

But some customer can isntall W10 enable the sata AHCI in BIOS,

Disable the SATA RAID feature in RBSU

CAUTION: Back up any data stored on the hard drives before proceeding. The configuration
process erases all data on the hard drives.
1. Power up the server. If the server is already powered, save all data, exit all open applications, and
restart.
NOTE: Enabling the RAID option in RBSU is only necessary for installation of the RAID driver. If
this option is not enabled, the OS loads the standard ATA driver from the OS media.
2. During POST, press the F10 key to launch RBSU. If you fail to press F10 before POST, you will need to
restart the server.
3. In the Advanced menu screen, select IDE Configuration.
4. Set the AHCIController
5. Press F10, then select Yes to save the changes and close RBSU. The server automatically reboots.

When do this you disable de raid controler, no use raid by Hardware.

FabioC1 - HPE Pro

Accept or Kudo

dfrayer
Occasional Advisor

Since it is booting, we know that it is already set for appropriate SATA operation.

Try booting a live Linux CD and see if the network is functional.

If it works, run lspci and take note of the line that corresponds to the network controller.  Take information from that line and search for a Windows 10 driver..

If the network doesn't function from the live Linux CD, try a BIOS reset, restore SATA operation, and try again.

If it ain't broken, it's an anomaly.
Southfort
Occasional Visitor

I faced absolutely same issue with NIC on my HP ProLiant Microserver G7 N36L and I managed to get the NIC back to work with Windows 10 by upgrading System BIOS ROMPaq Firmware to version 2013.10.01 (A) (15 Nov 2013).

Just get installation file SP64420.exe (2.6 MB) and follow simple installation instructions.

Details are here: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_57720d956df94dfcbaa0e28256#tab1

mcsemeister
Occasional Visitor

Hi, 

Thanks for the info. Any idea where to get this firmware update if I have no service plan? Couldn't download the file for free.

regards Mcsemeister

Michael175
Established Member

I updated the firmware on an n40l and an n54l successfully. I ran Win10 for a while, then upgraded both to Win11 with no issues.

I still have a copy of the file. PM me  

Michael

mcsemeister
Occasional Visitor

Re: Is it possible to install Windows 10 on a HP Micro G7 N36L MicroServer

Thanks a lot. Found the file in the meantime,
Regards
Michael175
Established Member

Re: Is it possible to install Windows 10 on a HP Micro G7 N36L MicroServer

Ok no problem. Pleased you got it sorted.

Michael