1755752 Members
3323 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NetServer Lh3r Problems...Please help

Jason Soby
Occasional Advisor

NetServer Lh3r Problems...Please help

During boot up, the computer runs though its routine until after it initializes the mouse. When it does so it posts three error messages

0080-51 NetServer Management Controller SelfTest Failure

0090-64 DIMM Management Failure ( I swapped out the DIMM on the PCI board, it didnt help)

0075-98 Integrated HP NetRaid Firmware Not Responding.

Also, the computer has a IDE CD-ROM and IDE Hard Drive, neither of which are detected by the computer. I tried new cables and new drives. Neither worked.

I recently unhooked the front panel from the I/O board. Could that have anything to do with it?

Please Help.
7 REPLIES 7
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Re: NetServer Lh3r Problems...Please help

Hi Jason,

Unplag the server from any power source for about 2 to 5 min and plag it back in and power it up.

But the better fix might be flashing the BIOS so you can download the latest BIOS here
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_USтМй=English&pnameOID=15389&prodSeriesId=50448&prodTypeId=15351&basePartNum=ns769&locBasepartNum=ns769en&os=Cross+OS&tech=BIOS

1. Download this BIOS flash file
2. Double click the downloaded file to creat a bootable floppy disk off of it
3. Bott the server from this floppy and follow the on screen instruction

If the flash solves the problem great. Sometimes you might get an SDREDIT error and BIOS flash fails, if you get that error and BIOS flash failed I will send additional steps to follow

Regards
Amha Kassa
Jason Soby
Occasional Advisor

i wish i could but i can't boot from the hard drive, floppy or cd-rom. Is my I/O board dead?
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Jason,
Did you try to unplag the server from any power source (even from the UPS) for 2 to 5 min and tried a=it again?

Regards
Amha Kassa
Jason Soby
Occasional Advisor

Yes i have. I'll also pulled the battery and reset the jumper on the CMOS
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Jason

Did u clear the CMOS properly?

her eis how to Clearing the System Configuration

NOTE: If you have customized or made any special settings using BIOS Setup Utility, clearing CMOS will reset everything back to defaults. Before clearing CMOS, record all current settings from the system BIOS Setup Utility then after clearing CMOS, enter the system BIOS Setup Utility and reapply the settings used before clearing CMOS.

1. Turn off server, and unplug the power cord

2. Move the configuration switch #5 on the system board, to the "ON = CLEAR CONFIG" position.

The system switches are located on the system board, near the Voltage Regulator Module (VRM) and battery.

3. Plug in the power cord, and turn on the server. The following message is displayed: "The configuration has been cleared. Set the Clear Config switch to the OFF position before rebooting."

4. Turn off power to the server and unplug the power cord.

5. Return switch 5 on the system board to the OFF position.

6. Place the covers and the front bezel back onto the server, then plug in the power cord.

7. Turn on the server again; an error message may be displayed: "0012-34 : Incorrect System Configuration".

8. Press the F2 key to run the Setup Utility.

9. Make any configuration changes that are required. (If you had any custom BIOS setting, make sure every setting is inplace as it was before the clear CMOS)

10. Press the F10 function key and answer Yes to save the configuration, then exit the Setup utility.

Regards
Amha Kassa

Jason Soby
Occasional Advisor

i tried that too and i received all the messages you said i would receive. It still does not work. :(
amhakassa
Honored Contributor

Hi Jason,

It looks like you mother board is toast

Try to strip down the server to abse configuration
1 Processor
1 memory dimm
diconnect any pci card(If any)
disconnect any other device(like CD rom tape drive ....) except the flopy drive
and try again

If that is not going to hel[p try to powe up the server without a memory and see if you can get any beeps, if not the main board is toast

Regards
Amha Kassa