5822 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Post error 1792 in DL 380 G3

CA1134040
Occasional Contributor

Post error 1792 in DL 380 G3

Dear all,
I've got post error 1792 : Drive array reports valid data found in array accelerator.

What should i do 'cause the server keeps restart ?

Please help

Regards,
Iqbal
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Iqbal,
do you remember what happened to the system before the server begann restarting?

The 'array accelerator' is a battery-backed write-back cache module. The message means that the server's power was cut while data was still in the cache module. It should have been written out when the power came back.

Has any hardware maintenance been done on the server? Did anyone swap the module from another server?
CA1134040
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the quick prompt.
As far as i know, there's no hardware maintenance or swap any module from that server.

So, what should i do ? Should i replace that BBWC module ?

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

You could remove the batteries from the module and wait a few minutes for the charger to reset before you put them back. Of course that means you will loose any data that was in the module, but that would happen as well if you replaced the module.

Note that you could end up with corrupted files or even a damaged file system, so when the system comes up I would try the following:

- make a full backup of the current system state

- restore the last recent backup with the system being OK

- try to recover any files from the last backup and inspect them for errors

The problem is that a write-back cache negates any work from the file system to keep its consistency, because the array controller decides which data to write in which order.

Good luck!