ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1755663 Members
3395 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant 1600 - 601 Diskette controller error

CA1325160

Proliant 1600 - 601 Diskette controller error

Heres my situation, I am in Ireland but based in UK, I have less than 3 hours before I need to leave site. Server is showing the above error and as a result will not see any drives, they all power up OK but obviously no boot. I have an engineer on his way but no certainties on his ETA. Can anyone help? I have checked cables, re-seated 'that' cage and still no luck.
1 REPLY 1
Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 1600 - 601 Diskette controller error

Hi Peter:

Clear nvram throught the sw1 maint switch # 6; on the i/o board on top of the server; this is dipp switch beside the slot 6 pci.

- turn switch # 6 on ; power on the server; wait 30 seconds and shutdown ; then turn switch back to off.

- or update firmware ; there is also emergency rom updates you will have to turn switch # 1,4,5,6 on to do rom disastor recovery.

here is some articles:

CUSTOMER ADVISORY
Document ID: EM000914_CW01
Version: 0
POST Error 601 May Occur On Some Servers Running Windows 2000 With ACPI Support

NOTICE: The information in this document, including products and software versions, is current as of the Release Date. This document is subject to change without notice.

Release Date: 2000-10-25
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_EM000914_CW01
-
a. Improper seating of the diskette drive or orientation of the signal/power cable.
b. Drive Select switch incorrectly set in field to position 0.
----------------------
a. Make sure the orientation of the diskette drive signal cable is in accordance with instructions in the Maintenance and Service Guide.
b. Without exception, set Drive Select switch to position 1. On some drives, the Drive Select switch has been replaced with a jumper.
-
best regards,

Tarek.
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.