ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752752 Members
5072 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SATA RAID Config

CA1345899

SATA RAID Config

I have a ML310 G2 with an integrated Serial ATA-150 RAID controller with 4 hot-plug 80GB drives installed. During the post test, the controller can see all 4 drives, but when I enable software RAID in the RBSU, per the instructions, the controller can only see 2 drives (0 & 1).

Am I missing a BIOS upgrade somewhere? Or, am I going to have to use Windows to configure RAID?

-Rick
2 REPLIES 2
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

You must enabled the SATA RAID in the system BIOS. Press the F9 key when prompted during the boot process to change the server settings. Locate the SW RAID settings using the Rom Based Setup Utility (RBSU). Enable the SATA SW RAID and save the new BIOS configuration. Reboot the system.

After the system reboots, press Ctrl-A when prompted on the screen to enter the SATA controller configuration and set the RAID level for the SATA hard drives.

Maximum supported Level RAID 1, Drive 0 & 1.
Double Pair. If there any future steps needed - they should be done from O/S. Never done in the practice, hopefully someone can drop few lines.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00373904

CA1345899

I've already enabled software RAID, and that's where my problem seems to be. Since the card is only capable of RAID 0 or 1 it drops the other 2 drives.

I would prefer to use the integrated RAID utilities, but I guess my only option is to disable RAID in the RBSU and use Windows to span and/or mirror the drives.

Any other ideas?