ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752742 Members
5513 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation

Ricksdyna

Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation

I have an HP Proliant MicroServer. Bios is set to use Raid. The Raid setup is configured for Raid 10 using four 2 TB drives. I see the drives in the Raid controller setup. When I try to load windows, I get to the point where I need to reboot and i get the message, "Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation." I have tried multiple sized partitions. I have formatted the drive prior to attempting the OS install. BIOS version 041. AMD Turion II Neo N40L Dual-Core Processor, Speed 1500MHz, core count 2.  Memory, 6GB.

This happens for Windows Server 2008 R2 as well as Windows Server 2012.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
RR33
HPE Pro

Re: Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation

Which generation of Micro server is this and what utility was used to setup raid?

Does it install fine without raid?

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo