Server Clustering
1751978 Members
4523 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Connection Lost/ Connection timed out issue.

SOLVED
Go to solution
RubanDeventhira
Occasional Advisor

Connection Lost/ Connection timed out issue.

I have installed CMU7.2 (Cannot upgrade as of now). I often face the Connection Lost/ Connection timed out issue.

I have attached the screenshot for analysis.

I dont get anomolies in JAva console.

Please help me out. 

10 REPLIES 10
RubanDeventhira
Occasional Advisor

Here is the detailed errors.

Armugam_Pradeep
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Insight CMU v7.2 is out of support. We will help you on best effort basis.

What is the jre version on cmu server and gui client node? Where are you launching the GUI ? (Windows or Linux client)

Did the same issue happened on other GUI clients ?  How often you are seeing this?

Also, did you seen these "connection lost" issues when you launch GUI on cmu server (head node) itself?

Also, Please check the network settings between the GUI client and cmu server (management node). Looks like network connections between GUI client and cmu server are not well .

Please try increasing memory on cmu server by changing value of CMU_JAVA_SERVER_XMX_MB in "/opt/cmu/etc/cmuserver.conf" file.

Also try enabling java console on GUI client using below procedure and when you see "connection lost" messages in "Information" panel, please see the complete java stack trace from GUI client's java console for any errors.

How to enable java console:

open Java Control Panel -> click on “Advanced” tab -> Java Console -> select “Show console” radio button -> click “Apply” button -> click “Ok” .

Regards,

Pradeep A.

RubanDeventhira
Occasional Advisor

What is the jre version on cmu server and gui client node? Where are you launching the GUI ? (Windows or Linux client)

Did the same issue happened on other GUI clients ?  How often you are seeing this?

Java version is 'java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-1.41.1.10.4.el6.x86_64' 

I'm Launching in Windows Server 2008 Client. I too tried with windows 7 and 2012 server.

Also, did you seen these "connection lost" issues when you launch GUI on cmu server (head node) itself?

I got this error in Windows Client. 

Also, Please check the network settings between the GUI client and cmu server (management node). Looks like network connections between GUI client and cmu server are not well .

Past days it was working fine.

Please try increasing memory on cmu server by changing value of CMU_JAVA_SERVER_XMX_MB in "/opt/cmu/etc/cmuserver.conf" file.

I did increased to 8GB

Also try enabling java console on GUI client using below procedure and when you see "connection lost" messages in "Information" panel, please see the complete java stack trace from GUI client's java console for any errors.

I cannot see anything fishy there, only loaded messages.

Armugam_Pradeep
Valued Contributor

Hi,

When you launch GUI on cmu server (head node) itself, are you able to see these "connection lost" GUI issues?

I hope you had installed 'java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-1.41.1.10.4.el6.x86_64'  on cmu server which is not supported. You need to install Oracle jre 1.6u33 or later on cmu server and make sure that cmu server points to oracle jre and restart the cmu service. Try launching the GUI again.

CMU v7.2 doesn't support openjdk.

Is anything changes recently with network settings?

Regards,

Pradeep A.

RubanDeventhira
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your time Pradeep.

I get another error now..

Please view the screenshot below.

Also CMU 7.3.2 support Oracle JRE?

Armugam_Pradeep
Valued Contributor

Hi,

As HP CSS certificate used to sign CMU v7.2 is now expired, so we get the signing issues.

Please do the following things on GUI Java Control Panel:

1.Clear the java cache using the Java Control Panel applet.

On Windows GUI client nodes:
Control panel→java→General Tab→Temporary internet files→Settings→Delete files
• On Linux GUI client nodes, run the appropriate tool (for example, jcontrol) to access
the Java Control Panel.

2.Check the network settings in the Java Control Panel applet. If it is set to use "Browser Settings", browser proxy settings may be blocking the HP Insight CMU GUI launch. Try using "Direct connection" in
the Java Control Panel.

• On Windows GUI client nodes:
Control panel→java→General Tab→Network settings
• On Linux GUI client nodes, run the appropriate tool (for example, jcontrol) to access
the Java Control Panel.

3. Also, Add CMU Server IP to exception list may fix the signing issue.

Open Control panel of GUI client -> Java -> Security -> Exception Site list -> Enter the site (ip) address in Location field -> Add -> It will display a security warning for HTTP location -> continue -> OK
Now you will see the site (ip) address added in the exception list -> OK

>>Also CMU 7.3.2 support Oracle JRE?

Insight CMU v7.3.2 supports OpenJDK 7+ or Oracle Java Runtime Environment version 1.7u45 or later.

Regards,

Pradeep A.

RubanDeventhira
Occasional Advisor

Hello Pradeep,

I have decided to to upgrade HP CMU from 7.2 to 7.3.2. But I have some following doubts.

1. What happens to already taken clone and backup (Files)?

2. What happens to the logs metrics and configuration files?

Thanks for your time Pradeep.

Armugam_Pradeep
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi,

>1. What happens to already taken clone and backup (Files)?

CMU v7.3.2 supports and clone the backup images where we taken with CMU v7.2 version. Old backup images works fine with CMU v7.3.2

>2. What happens to the logs metrics and configuration files?

The outline steps for upgrading cmu is : removing cmu v7.2 rpm and it automatically saves the important cmu configuration files and then install new cmu v7.3.2 rpm and restore the old cmu configuration. All these steps are well documented in CMU v7.3.2 User Guide.

While removing the old cmu v7.2 rpm from management node, the logs from /opt/cmu directory will be deleted, but cmu configuration files like ActionAndAlertsFile.txt, cmuserver.conf etc will be saved which can be restored later.

Also, history data (archived user groups) will be saved during upgrade procedure. Removing the old cmu rpm wont delete /opt/cmu/history directory.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Pradeep Kumar A.

RubanDeventhira
Occasional Advisor

Thanks a lot Pradeep. That helped me alot.

I have another small doubt. HP CMU loads at "Options loaded" for a long time. Can I reduce that?

I can give you a screenshot if you need.