3010 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Event ID1010 in Event Log

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Event ID1010 in Event Log

Hi All,

Trying to tidy up some miscellaneous errors.
Regularly see Event ID 1010, Source Perflib, in the Event Log of a couple of our Servers.
e.g.
The Collect Procedure for the "Tcpip" service in DLL "C:\WINNT\system32\Perfctrs.dll" generated an
exception or returned an invalid status. Performance data returned by
counter DLL will be not be returned in Perf Data Block. Exception or
status code returned is data DWORD 0.

Investigating on the MS and HP Sites, it seems the main work around is to set the "OS Information" Sub-Agent to inactive.

Alas, I can't find an OS Information sub-agent.

Closest I've got are:
Host Information
System Information
Software Version

Anyone know which sub-agent needs to be made inactive?
The NIC Information sub-agent is currently InActive.

TIA

Rob.
12 REPLIES 12
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

Heh oh man... HP Agents vs Perflib errors, the battle may never end. Seriously though, I've never been able to completely get rid of perflib errors, no matter which version of the agents I use. I hope someone knows of a way though.
Patrick Matthews_2
Occasional Advisor

there is a utility provided by Microsoft called "exctrlst.exe" that will allow you to edit/ turn off perlib functions. I believe you can find it on the install disk under support tools otherwise you can get it from the Windows Resource Kit
Of course I don't lokk busy, I did it right the first time
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

James,

All too true. I've got SP4 on a couple of Servers, and like other recent posters I'm still seeing the ID1010 Perflib errors under the latest IM Agents.

I'm reloading some of the counters as per a MS paper on Event ID2003 (knowledge Base Aricle 267831) and am contemplating whether just reloading additional counters might address the issue.

Rob.
Scott Shaffer
Esteemed Contributor

My apologies to all for taking so long to respond here - I was waiting for some information and I still haven't got it.

Will everybody who is having this problem please log a call into HP support and open a case on it?

The latest information I have (which at this point is 3 weeks old - the key engineer is on vacation) says that the team responsible is working this with Microsoft and trying to track down what is happening (get to the root cause.)

If you will call in and create a case you can get the latest information on this topic when it becomes available. I will try to update this forum entry just as soon as I hear anything definitive.
Dude, we've been totally misled by our album covers!
Timothy Kaufman

Has anyone found the real fix on this that sticks besides turning off the nic agent. I have about 30 servers with the nic agent disabled right now because it is my only work around that sticks. I am trying hard to sell using the Insight Management agents to my managers and co-workers but this error is also causing performance hits on the servers too
"SOME PEOPLE LIKE CUPCAKES BETTER. I FOR ONE CARE LESS FOR THEM!"
Scott Shaffer
Esteemed Contributor

Please log a case with support if you haven't already done so.

However, I can tell you that the engineering team is still looking at this. There are some systems that display it and some that don't - we're still looking into why that is.

The more people that can get us cases on this the better because it will help us understand what is unique about the systems with the problem.
Dude, we've been totally misled by our album covers!
Timothy Kaufman

What has worked for me and has stuck was making these settings in the registry. I know it does not solve the root problem as to why but apparently that is going to be some time. I turned this into a Wise Executable just so I could deploy it in mass and uninstall it if need be.

I am going to open a case with HP once I can get some time too do so

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Performance]
"Close"=""
"Collect"=""
"Library"=""
"Open"=""
"Disable Performance Counters"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Performance]
"Close"=""
"Collect"=""
"Library"=""
"Open"=""
"Disable Performance Counters"=dword:00000001
"SOME PEOPLE LIKE CUPCAKES BETTER. I FOR ONE CARE LESS FOR THEM!"
Andre Potters

Yesterday, I installed the Microsoft presp5 hotfix for W2k, 819716, but this also doesn't solve the problem.
Arthur Chang
Frequent Advisor

Dear All
I have tried to install SP4,Exctrlst.exe utility or modified registry,it seems still display error message in event log.
However I find 2 way to resolve "Perflib W2K Errors - Event ID 1010":
1.One DL380G3 server install Smartstart 7.0 support software and all management agent.

2.Another DL380G3 install earlier version 6.4 smartstart,and remove management agent from control panel,add/remove program file.

Anyway,if you use earlier version 6.x smartstart,when you install support software,don't install management agent(include Version Control Agent,Foundation Agents,Server Agents,Storage Agents,NIC Agents.)
I have tried 2 way the above mentioned twenty-four hours already,havn't any error message about Perflib display in event log,if anybody got this error,you can try it!!

Regards