1754355 Members
4760 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Webbased Management Agent Administrator Password lost

Thomas Honemeyer_1
Occasional Contributor

Webbased Management Agent Administrator Password lost

Hi, we lost the Administrator password for our one and only compaq Proliant Server. We are running CIM 7.1 SP1.2 and the latest agents. How can we recover / reset the password neede for the local webbased managemt?
2 REPLIES 2
Keith Breidt

Re: Webbased Management Agent Administrator Password lost

AS far as I know, a re-install of the foundation agent is required. Using the RDU (Remote Deployment utility), which is available in each SupportPaq, configure the foundation agent and enter in the password you'd like, opt to overwrite existing password and deploy this to your server. If you're not upgrading your agent version, make sure the 'Overwrite newer versions' check box is selected. This will ensure that your configured version of the agent is installed.
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

Re: Webbased Management Agent Administrator Password lost

There is another way but since you only got one server, I don't think this might help you out.
You've got to get hold of another Compaq server/desktop that has the webagents installed AND that you know the password from.
Copy the file C:\Compaq\WBEM\CPQHMMD.ACL from this machine to your server (rename the original file), restart the Webagent et voila.
This file is encrypted i.e. only the usernames are readable, not the passwords.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!