108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Firmware Upgrade Image for NetWare

SOLVED
Go to solution
Patrick Meloy
Occasional Contributor

Firmware Upgrade Image for NetWare

I have been using this method to upgrade the ilo firmware on my 200+ NetWare 6.5 servers across the state for a couple years. I cannot use methods that require rebooting as the servers don't need it for as much as a year. Also, being present in each location may take a year. This critical 1.82 upgrade must be made available for NetWare. All of my ilos are at 1.75 because that was the last image you released. Why do you appear to have abandon us at such a critical time? Moving to Linux is going to take 2 to 3 years. Don't lose us in the meantime.

Thank you,
Pat Meloy
2 REPLIES 2
acartes
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Firmware Upgrade Image for NetWare

>> I have been using this method to upgrade
>> the ilo firmware on my 200+ NetWare 6.5
>> servers across the state for a couple
>> years.
I'm a little perplexed by this question.

I don't think that there ever has been a NetWare online firmware update component for iLO.

There is, however, a 1.82 firmware update image that you can download. Alternatively, the firmware image can be "extracted" from the Windows online flash component (although for some reason, the wrong component version is on the downloads page for NetWare.)

>> This critical 1.82 upgrade must be made
>> available for NetWare.

There appears to be a content problem with the web site that is being corrected. You can download the Windows online flash component by picking a Windows OS.

>> Why do you appear to have abandon us at
>> such a critical time?

Sorry about the content mistake - it is being rectified. I'll blame it on a computer error :)
NetWare customers definitely have not been abandoned!
Patrick Meloy
Occasional Contributor

Re: Firmware Upgrade Image for NetWare

Hi,
Sorry it took me so long to get back. I have installed several of the images that I seperated from the windows package. I didn't know that the image was the same, or that I could seperate it. When I called the 800 number they said that there is only windows and linux, "netware doesn't do some things as well". Thus my confusion.

Thanks for your prompt response,

Patrick Meloy