1758608 Members
3043 Online
108873 Solutions
New Discussion

flashfwpkg MR controller via ilorest?

blauerrauch
Occasional Advisor

flashfwpkg MR controller via ilorest?

It is not clear to me from the documents whether it is possible to upgrade the firmware on an MR controller via ilorest.  Francois Donzé says basically that ilorest can upload more payloads than it can actually process.  I unzipped the fwpkg file and examined the .json file therein, looking for the updatableby field which Donzé describes, but I was still not sure.  My file has:
"UpdatableBy": [
"Bmc"
],
Trying it, I got a 200 code, but then an error.

iLORest > flashfwpkg "/ts/datagit/hcpy/ilorest/HPE_MR416i-p_Gen11_52.26.3-5379_A.fwpkg"
Uploading firmware: HPE_MR416i-p_Gen11_52.26.3-5379_A.fwpkg
Successfully checked 'HPE_MR416i-p_Gen11_52.26.3-5379_A.fwpkg'.
Uploading component HPE_MR416i-p_Gen11_52.26.3-5379_A.fwpkg.
[200] The operation completed successfully.
Component HPE_MR416i-p_Gen11_52.26.3-5379_A.fwpkg uploading successfully.
Waiting for iLO UpdateService to finish processing the component
ERRORing: Error occurred while updating the firmware.

Can someone confirm that it is or is not possible to upgrade the firmware on an MR controller via ilorest?

Regards,

Stefan

4 REPLIES 4
divya_g
HPE Pro

Re: flashfwpkg MR controller via ilorest?

Hello,

You can try to install the firmware separately by downloading it from the download page. Please review the steps on the "Installation Instructions" tab to install it.

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

blauerrauch
Occasional Advisor

Thank you, in fact page Firmware Package - HPE MR416i-p Gen10 Plus Tri Mode Controller | HPE Support
does confirm the ilorest command I have been using and makes me think it should have worked.
I get a failure.  I don't think it's me; the command is just too simple.  There must be a bug in there somewhere.

Sham82
HPE Pro

Hello, 
have you tried both ways ?

localhost OS example:
ilorest flashfwpkg <file_name.fwpkg> 

remote example:
ilorest flashfwpkg <file_name.fwpkg> --url <iLO5_IP_Address> -u <iLO5_username> -p <iLO5_password>

Regards
HPE

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

blauerrauch
Occasional Advisor

@Sham82 I didn't try running ilorest locally since if I were local I could use storcli64 directly.