6195 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Gen10 ilo/bios Change time with Powershell

Chris29
Occasional Advisor

HP Gen10 ilo/bios Change time with Powershell

hello,

is it possible to change the time with ilo or bios powershell Cmdlets?

i found Get-HPEBIOSDateTimeOption Set-HPEBIOSDateTimeOption but was not able to change the "hour" only, all other parameters can be modified with with function, but can't find how to modify the time (hours and minutes).. i can do it with ilo and remote bios but wanted to do it with Powershell.

Thx for answers

2 REPLIES 2
iviv3
HPE Pro

Re: HP Gen10 ilo/bios Change time with Powershell

Hi Chris,

Have you tried with the Set-HPEBIOSDateTimeOption command? Plese find the example below>

NAME
Set-HPEBIOSDateTimeOption

SYNOPSIS
The Set-HPEBIOSDateTimeOption cmdlet sets the BIOS date and time settings.

EXAMPLE 1

PS C:\> $connection = Connect-HPEBIOS -IP 10.20.30.1 -Username admin -Password admin123

PS C:\> $connection | Set-HPEBIOSDateTimeOption -DaylightSavingTime Enabled -TimeFormat UTC -TimeZone UTCP530

This example sets DaylightSavingTime, TimeFormat, and TimeZone to specified values on a Gen9 server with connection object passed through a pipeline.
EXAMPLE 2

PS C:\> $connection = Connect-HPEBIOS -IP 10.20.30.2 -Username admin -Password admin123

PS C:\> Set-HPEBIOSDateTimeOption -Connection $connection -DaylightSavingTime Disabled -TimeFormat Local

This example sets DaylightSavingTime and TimeFormat to specified values on a Gen10 server with connection object passed as named parameter.
EXAMPLE 3

PS C:\> $connection = Connect-HPEBIOS -IP 10.20.30.1,10.20.30.2 -Username admin -Password admin123

PS C:\> Set-HPEBIOSDateTimeOption -Connection $connection -DaylightSavingTime Enabled,Disabled -TimeFormat UTC,Local

This example sets DaylightSavingTime and TimeFormat to specified values on Gen9 and Gen10 servers with a list of BIOS connection objects passed as named parameter.

BR, iviv

I am an HPE Employee

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Chris29
Occasional Advisor

Re: HP Gen10 ilo/bios Change time with Powershell

@iviv3Thx for your answer !

i did a mistake in my post, the command i used is Set-HPEBIOSDateTimeOption, so yes all the examples you gave are working.

I was able to set the timezone and the DaylightSavingTime but no one give me the possibility to change time

ex : hours : 14 -> i want to put hours : 13 

i can do it by ilo/bios remote control. so why is it not possible with powershell command ?

best regards and thx for help.