6392 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP ILO 4 - no connectivity after upgrade to v2.7

OBB20a
Occasional Visitor

HP ILO 4 - no connectivity after upgrade to v2.7

Hey there,

this my first post. I am running a HPE ML30 since approx. three years, and so far, all was good. I was able to take advantage of everything the Proliant Servers deliver - including HP ILO 4. I own an advanced license for that server, and it always worked like a breeze.

A few days ago, I wanted to update to ILO 4 v2.7. The update itself seemed to go well, after the update I was able to login again and I noticed the new functions (namely HTML5, for example).

I did some other changes and shut down the server.  Since then, ILO completely disappeared - somehow. It does not pull a DHCP adress. It does not work when manually insert an IP-adress ... it does not work at all.

I used HPONCFG to reboot and reset the ILO and from time to time, there was a message "error connecting to the channel", but this disappeared later. 

I configured ILO on-site with access via keyboard to use a fixed ip-adress. No connectivity. 

Has anybody encountered a similiar problem? I searched the web and other forums, now looking forward to get some help here. Thanks in advance!

Stefan 

5 REPLIES 5
MV3
HPE Pro

Re: HP ILO 4 - no connectivity after upgrade to v2.7

HI There,

You can reset the Ilo for factory default once again . Configure a Static IP address , reset the Administrator password as per your requirement and check for the issue reported. Basically this the configuration we do to configure iLO.

Below is the advisory to configure ilo4 for your reference.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00020272en_us

Cheers

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@OBB20a wrote:

Hey there,

this my first post. I am running a HPE ML30 since approx. three years, and so far, all was good. I was able to take advantage of everything the Proliant Servers deliver - including HP ILO 4. I own an advanced license for that server, and it always worked like a breeze.

A few days ago, I wanted to update to ILO 4 v2.7. The update itself seemed to go well, after the update I was able to login again and I noticed the new functions (namely HTML5, for example).

I did some other changes and shut down the server.  Since then, ILO completely disappeared - somehow. It does not pull a DHCP adress. It does not work when manually insert an IP-adress ... it does not work at all.

I used HPONCFG to reboot and reset the ILO and from time to time, there was a message "error connecting to the channel", but this disappeared later. 

I configured ILO on-site with access via keyboard to use a fixed ip-adress. No connectivity. 

Has anybody encountered a similiar problem? I searched the web and other forums, now looking forward to get some help here. Thanks in advance!

Stefan 

Have your tried removing power from the server to hard reset iLO?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
OBB20a
Occasional Visitor

Actually, I think I'm far beyond resetting to factory defaults or removing power -  I did this multipe times either via HPONCFG or during boot sequence. Fixed IP adress is configured. 

What drives me crazy: there is no error message at all. Both network ports are working. But ... ILO's  just not there.

OBB20a
Occasional Visitor

Still no idea how this can be fixed. 

It worked flalessly, then I did the upgrade. It worked even after the upgrade, but after the reboot - ILO gone.

rgb99
Trusted Contributor

We have had to replace motherboards on dozens of servers when the iLO 4 got messed up following an update. Perhaps that is your solution. I know -- not ideal!

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00048622en_us