Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752592 Members
3077 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hponcfg gives error: Firmware flash is in progress. Please wait for a while.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Cees_3
Occasional Advisor

hponcfg gives error: Firmware flash is in progress. Please wait for a while.

I've configured about 50 Proliants the last year with HPONCFG without any problem. But today at two new servers its not possible to use the tool. When I starts the tool, it gives the error: Firmware flash is in progress. Please wait for a while.
I've upgraded the systemboard firmware to the newest version, and also the firmware on the ILO board itself (to version 1.29)

The servers I have this issue on are a Proliant DL380 G5 and an AiO600 (all in one SAN solution). Is this familiar behaviour?

Thanks!
Cees
3 REPLIES 3
acartes
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: hponcfg gives error: Firmware flash is in progress. Please wait for a while.

Are you using a current version of the HPONCFG utility?
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/revision/8512.html
Cees_3
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
The problem was indeed that I used an outdated version of hponcfg. Appearantly it worked until systems with Smartstart 7.60 installed. But on these systems Smartstart 7.70 was installed, and gave the error. With the newer version I had no problems and could program my RIB boards. Thanks for your help!
Cees_3
Occasional Advisor

problem was solved by using the newest version of HPONCFG