1753534 Members
5898 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO 1.82 Mounting Virtual Media Remotely

fluidville
Frequent Advisor

ILO 1.82 Mounting Virtual Media Remotely

I am trying to mount an ISO remotely to a server using ILO and CPQLOCFG XML, I have used the sample script that HP provides Insert_Virtual_Media, obviously changing parameters where required. My Image server is running Apache with SSL configured on it, I have tested connectivity and all seems to be working on the Https://,

It seems to connect and tries to mount the image . but then returns the following error.

STATUS="0x0048"
MESSAGE='The Virtual Media image is invalid'

The image i am trying to mount is .iso I have also tried this on "FLOPPY" .img file and returns the same error.

Not sure if i am missing out on some fundamentals here, but any help on this issue would b much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
fluidville
Frequent Advisor

Re: ILO 1.82 Mounting Virtual Media Remotely

Seem to have got round the above problem, issue now it is trying to mount the image but just seems to be hanging with out timming out or sending feedback
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

It seems that ILO firmware 1.84 came out just recently... and the revision history shows it has lots of bugfixes for various things, including the virtual media support.

It specifically mentions that mounting floppy images with an XML script was fixed. Maybe that change has some effect in your situation too?
MK
fluidville
Frequent Advisor

thanks Matti will have a look into that, was thinking about upgrading but was hoping to get it working on 1.82.
fluidville
Frequent Advisor

I still have not resolved my above issue through the updating of the Firmware.

I am running an web server on a VMware virtual machine windows 2000 sp4 using Apache 2.2.2 with openSSL, testing the network via IE explorer I am able to navigate to the web server both on the HTTP and HTTPS protocols.

I am using the CPQLOCFG utility along with a XML scrpit, It seems to be connecting to the ILO, but failing to mount the ISO image with it Hanging with no time out message.

Before I upgraded the ILO firmware it seemed to get through to the webserver, but returned errors of invalid media. I am no longer getting that far.

again not sure if i am missing out on any fundamentals, but having a tough time getting this to work so any help would be appreciated.

fluidville
Frequent Advisor

I am back to the first error I had at the out set. getting this status error message

STATUS="0x0048"
MESSAGE='The Virtual Media image is invalid'

I am running the following command

cpqlocfg -s 192.168.XX.XX -f c:\iloscript\vm.xml

Calling the below .xml

any reason as to why it is not mounting this image.