1752552 Members
4614 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO-2 Issues in WinPE

Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

iLO-2 Issues in WinPE

The keyboard and mouse consistently lockup and are unresponsive when loading a WinPE.ISO on any model server with an iLO-2.

I do not see this issue on any iLO or RILOE II based servers.

Upon booting up the WinPE.iso the keyboard and mouse will just stop responding and have to reboot until it finally works so, I can begin my installation of Windows.

I also get the following error when loading a WinPE.iso just as consistently as the keyboard and mouse locking up.

Is there anyone else experiencing this and if so, please open a case with HP as at this time I don't think there is a solution.

I have also included a screen shot of the error that occurs when the WinPE.iso does not load.
6 REPLIES 6
Clive Flint

Re: iLO-2 Issues in WinPE

I'm also experiencing the same issue. It works during the BIOS stage and when windows is running but not during the WinPE stage.
It's very frustrating.
acartes
Honored Contributor

When the WinPE environment is loads drivers, it must be disabling the iLO USB interface used for virtual media and for keyboard/mouse. This would occur when the UHCI driver is loaded.
Not sure I can help, but that is where to look; see if you can skip loading that driver.
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

What version of the WinPE are you running that fails?
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Which version of WinPE you use that fails? Which server do are you running this on?
Clive Flint

I'm running Windows 2003 SP2 build. I'm not sure what version of WinPE it uses.
thirusrinivasan
Occasional Advisor

Hey Todd

I have seen your response to a question which i am ineterested to know about...This is my situation.iLO with Schema extended. I have nested groups from another forest to my iLO role. Cannot login with credentials from another forest. Any idea ?

iLO is pointing to a specific domain controller in Forest A where the iLO objects (roles,target) exists. Users are from another forest - Forest B which is trusted. I am nesting users from Forest B to the iLO role in Forest A.

Users from Forest B cannot login. I know cross domain logins work. DO you know if cross forest logins work ? please let me know
Thanks
Thiru