6199 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ILO Amplifier Pack API , Unable to create Server Group

Sakthi1986
Occasional Advisor

ILO Amplifier Pack API , Unable to create Server Group

Hi Team,

As part of automation, i am trying to create server group through API, but i dont see the option to create it.

could anyone share the sample code for creating server groups via API,

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
VPR1
HPE Pro

Hi.

Please Note:

IMPORTANT:The Redfish APIs for iLO Amplifier Pack are a technical preview, and may not offer the full feature set offered by the GUI.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00029513en_us - Page 147

From Server GUI Server groups can created.

The iLO Amplifier Pack RESTful API guide

https://hewlettpackard.github.io/iLOAmpPack-Redfish-API-Docs/#introduction

Regards,

Vijaya

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
Sakthi1986
Occasional Advisor

HI Vijay,

Thanks for the response. i already gone through the API document & i dont see option to create server groups via API.

the idea here is to create complete script to create server groups and add the servers ILO's by logical grouping without doing any manuall work. 

i understood redfish is under technical preview, but not sure whether it is currently support to created folder via API, it will be great if you could share the example code if the current version is supported.

Also it seems redfish is under technical prview for long time since the version 1.30.,  any idea when we get full funciontality of redfish API?

Thanks for your support again.

VPR1
HPE Pro

Hi.

Im not sure wehave a sample code for this but might have to check wiht our Engineering team on this and also to check on Redfish functionality.

I would suggest to create a support case with us(HPE) so that it can addressed.

Regards,

Vijaya

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
jprabhak
HPE Pro

Thanks for your input. We are enhancing the iLO Amplifier API documentation with sample scripts for various use cases and server grouping is one among them. This will be available in the future revision

JP
I work for HPE