Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748019 Members
3966 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO client-side Remote Console on different port?

sean daugherty
Occasional Contributor

iLO client-side Remote Console on different port?

Glad to see there is an iLO-specific forum! Is there a client-side modification that can be made so that Terminal Services can be recieved on a different port than 3389? I know its possible to specify a different port in iLO on the server side, but this seems pointless if the client won't look for a different port. I've set up a different port for SSL, which works fine by specifying the alternate port in the URL. Thanks in advance!
SD
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

mstsc /? shows the following in a dialog box:

MSTSC [][/v:][/console][/f[ullscreen]][/w: /h:][/public]|[/span][/edit "connection file"][/migrate]
sean daugherty
Occasional Contributor

Thanks much for the response David. After spending some time on this I'm still no closer to figuring it out. After setting Terminal Services to use the alternate port of 5110 on the server & specifiying it in the client - I still can't connect.

1) SSL is configured for a different port & works fine by specifying it in the URL (https://ilo.name.com:)

2) Changing Terminal Services in iLO to a different port & clicking on Remote will give me a black screen with a cursor blinking in the upper left-hand corner.

3) The current Java version is installed on the laptop in question.

4) Terminal Services is grayed out in the remote console screen.

5) Is Terminal Services used by the Java Applet?

6) Running the following command mstsc /v:xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx: brings up the RDP client & prompts for credentials. Those are entered correctly & then RDP flashes the establishing connection dialog. This results in "This computer can't connect to the remote computer".

I'm at a loss as I haven't really found any guides to troubleshooting this problem yet. Any help would be appreciated.
Sen