Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752575 Members
4468 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO II Remote Console Issue (no mouse control)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stuart M. Garland
Occasional Advisor

iLO II Remote Console Issue (no mouse control)

Can anyone please help. I have a DL380 G5 with the iLO II configured for AD integration.
Everything about the iLO II works perfectly, except one thing...whenever I connect to the integrated remote console, I cannot use my mouse. The mouse on the target server is shown, but I have no control over it. I've tried clicking on the remote console and also right-click to re-allign the mouse, but with no response.
Any help much appreciated.

Stuart
20 REPLIES 20
Hayden Fountain_2
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: iLO II Remote Console Issue (no mouse control)

Stuart,

I can't help you but I can lend support to your cause as we have had the same issue.

I will be trying the latest SmartStart (7.7 I believe) to see how it goes
TimeOut
Occasional Advisor

Do you guys have the High Performance Mouse setting to Auto? Try setting it to Enable and see if it makes a difference.
Stuart M. Garland
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your help guys, but no joy.
I have now raised a support call with HP and will post any solution that they provide, but I wouldn't hold your breath (I have support calls with HP still open from 3 months ago!!).

Cheers

Stu
acartes
Honored Contributor

Does the remote keyboard functionality of iLO work? This is through the same interface as virtual mouse capability.

If KB works and mouse does not, I would examine the high-performance mouse setting. Try disabling it and see if that affects the experience whtn you restart IRC.

Stuart M. Garland
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the idea, but have already tried disabling, enabling and left on automatic setting for the high perfomance mouse.
The keyboard functions perfectly, regardless of settings employed.
I've opened a support call with HP, so I guess, in about a year or so, I'll be able to post an update!!!

Cheers

Stuart
acartes
Honored Contributor

What OS are you running on the host?
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

USB or PS2 mouse? It doesn't matter if it is PS/2 or USB, check USB functionality on RBSU and set it ENABLED.
Stuart M. Garland
Occasional Advisor

Thanks again for the input guys, but still no change.
The host OS is Windows Server 2003, and I have tried both a PS2 and a USB mouse, but to no avail.

Cheers

Stuart
TimeOut
Occasional Advisor

Did you disable the HP iLO Management Channel Interface Driver by a chance?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00867512