1748018 Members
3250 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO2 Not responsive

PcMagic

iLO2 Not responsive

Hi All,

We have a c3000 enclosure with a x1800sb (ProLiant BL460c G6 with an SB40c). Downloaded WIndows updates and re-started. Could not connect via RDP, logged into OA and server looks OK as far as running. Tried cold boot, same powers on but no connection. Tried to log in via iLO2, get login page but nothing happens when I try to log in. No errors or anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff
4 REPLIES 4
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Jeff,

if you are physical to bl460 G6 server then check whether ILO is detected on the post.

You may login to ILO RBSU (F8 during post) and create new user with admin rights. also make sure remote login option is enabled.

now save the setting and restart the server.
Power cycle the server if possible (reseating the blade)

now try loggin in remotely.

hope this helps,

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Jeff,

If above steps do not help, please update the ILO firmware.

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!

Accept or Kudo

Jeff Mausler

Thank you, I was working remotely when I posted the question. It turned out to be a power issue with the blade and enclosure. When the server re-booted it stopped at the BIOS with a "power event detected, system halted" message.
Reseating the blade did not help. I had to remove the blade, open the case, remove the CMOS battery, hold the power button and discharge the system board.
Put it all back together and booted up OK.
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Jeff,

Good to know that you are back in business.

Please don't forget to assign points if you think that the information provided was helpful

Cheers!
Aftab
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo