1972 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLO6 ... Server Information could not determined for EISA ID: $0E110888

PhS-
Regular Advisor

iLO6 ... Server Information could not determined for EISA ID: $0E110888

Hello, 

I am getting my hands on our first Gen11 ... 

when using my regular script to configure the iLO I get the following message when trying to establish the connection as I usualy do 

$cred = Get-Credential -Message "Enter password for user" -Username "Admin"
$iLOConnection = Connect-HPEiLO - IP "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" - Credential $cred -DisableCertificateAuthentication 

Connect-HPEiLO : [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] :Server Information could not determined for EISA ID: $0E110888

Can someone help me ?

9 REPLIES 9
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Hi PhS,
     I believe you need to update the HPEiLOCmdlets. The 4.0.0.0 from this link.
     Gen11 Servers are supported with HPEiLOCmdlets version 4.0.0.0 or later. If you have lower version of HPEiLOCmdlets, please download the latest version from this link

Regards,
Shiva_JR
Please mark as 'Accepted solution' and thumbs up with Kudos if my post worked

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

PhS-
Regular Advisor

Hello @shiva_jr  thank you for your reply,

I am using the latest 4.3.0.0  that copied to my C:\Users\..\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules 

I did not install the module (I am not authorized to), it's automatically imported and I had no problem till now on iLO4 and iLO5 with this method.

PhS-
Regular Advisor

Here is the module 

Get-Module -Name HPEiLOCmdlets

ModuleType Version    Name                                ExportedCommands                                                                                                       
---------- -------    ----                                ----------------                                                                                                       
Binary     4.3.0.0    HPEiLOCmdlets                       {Add-HPEiLODirectoryGroup, Add-HPEiLOEventServiceSubscription, Add-HPEiLOFederationGroup, Add-HPEiLOInstallationQueu...

and the verbose output of my command

$iLOConnection  = Connect-HPEiLO -IP $iLOIP  -Credential $Cred -DisableCertificateAuthentication -Verbose:$True
VERBOSE: Performing the operation "Connect-HPEiLO" on target "Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx".
VERBOSE: Executing the cmdlets with 1 task serially.
VERBOSE: [Connect-HPEiLO][xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: XML Reply on: Reading iLO xml data
VERBOSE: [Connect-HPEiLO][xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: iLO FirmwareVersion: iLO6 v1.57 
VERBOSE: [Connect-HPEiLO][xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: Product Name: ProLiant DX360 Gen11 10NVMe
VERBOSE: [Connect-HPEiLO][xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: Product Name: ProLiant DX360 Gen11 10NVMe
VERBOSE: [Connect-HPEiLO][xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx][Redfish]: EISA Flow (Redfish) to determine target details
Connect-HPEiLO : [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] : Server Information could not determined for EISA ID: $0E110888
At line:1 char:19
+ ... nnection  = Connect-HPEiLO -IP $iLOIP  -Credential $Cred -Force -Di ...
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (:) [Connect-HPEiLO], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HPE.iLO.Cmdlet.Connector.ConnectHPEiLO

PhS-
Regular Advisor

with Powershell 7.3.6 I get the following : 

Connect-HPEiLO: [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] : Server information cannot be retrieved using SMBIOS data. RecordType 195 could not be found.
PhS-
Regular Advisor

More digging ... We have got the issue with ProLiant DX360 Gen11 10NVMe (and not with ProLiant DL380 Gen11 with the same iLO Firmware version) ... if this helps the dev of HPEiLOCmdlets

thutchings
HPE Pro

Hello,

What version of powershell are you using? There is a problem with using 7.0. and the iLO powershell cmdlets. I would recommend using version 5.1 with 4.3.0.0 iLO cmdlets. 

Regards

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
PhS-
Regular Advisor

@thutchings 

I have tested both PowerShell 7 and 5, my prefered one is :

$PSVersionTable

Name                           Value                                                                                       
----                           -----                                                                                       
PSVersion                      5.1.19041.4046                                                                              
PSEdition                      Desktop                                                                                     
PSCompatibleVersions           {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0...}                                                                     
BuildVersion                   10.0.19041.4046                                                                             
CLRVersion                     4.0.30319.42000                                                                             
WSManStackVersion              3.0                                                                                         
PSRemotingProtocolVersion      2.3                                                                                         
SerializationVersion           1.1.0.1                                                                                     

as for .net this is what I have 

Get-ChildItem 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP' -Recurse | Get-ItemProperty -Name version -EA 0 | Where { $_.PSChildName -Match '^(?!S)\p{L}'} | Select PSChildName, version

PSChildName Version  
----------- -------  
Client      4.8.04084
Full        4.8.04084
Client      4.0.0.0  

SydUmar_1
HPE Pro

Hello PhS,
If its working on one model of a HPE Gen11 server and not working on another, we would request you to log a HPE Support ticket with the support team for further assistance with this. 

I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
PhS-
Regular Advisor

I did ... this is the answer I got 

----------------------------------------------------------------
We are still investigating this issue and will try to get it
resolve in the future version of PowerShell iLO Cmdlets
version.

As of this time, there is no ETA for the next version of iLO
Cmdlets yet.
----------------------------------------------------------------