1751975 Members
4439 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLOs become unresponsive after AD setup - Linux OS

Sean Murray_1
Regular Advisor

iLOs become unresponsive after AD setup - Linux OS

Was wondering if any else has seen the issues I have and may know why.
Two different issues.
The main one is when I configure the iLO for schema free AD that is in a Linux OS based system (almost 2 dozen current count). The moment I try to login again afterwards, it hangs the device.

Working fine for over a year on with the iLOs in a Windows system.

The second is that we are running a script to pull power data from the devices. It uses one of the CLI tools to login/logout and get the data . Every 5 mins.
After a while this appears to hang the iLOs as well. Not all, but some.

Prior case with HPO went no where. Have to call in again I am told under Proliant running Linux now for support. Not iLO support.

So, before doing so, wanted to post here in case this has been seen by others at all and if so, why both happen.
All devices on current firmware.

Thanks,
Sean
4 REPLIES 4
acartes
Honored Contributor

>> when I configure the iLO for schema free AD that is in a Linux OS based system (almost 2 dozen current count). The moment I try to login again afterwards, it hangs the device.

You mean the OS running on the client, or the OS running on the server that has iLO in it? This works (I have used it). Are you using MSIE for a browser? Mozilla / Firefox might lack the support for the ActiveX control that helps resolve your directory login credentials.

Also, give iLO time to "time out": if a DNS lookup is necessary during login and iLO is configured with a bogus DNS address, this can take some time.

>> The second is that we are running a script to pull power data from the devices. It uses one of the CLI tools to login/logout and get the data . Every 5 mins.
After a while this appears to hang the iLOs as well. Not all, but some.

Are you using current iLO 2 firmware?
Sean Murray_1
Regular Advisor

Yes, both the iLO and iLO2s all have the current firmware.
This is not just isolated to one type of iLO.

Meanwhile I have over a undred working for over a year with no problem. So kind of puzzled as the configuration is the same across the board.

Unless some DNS or AD issue is causing this.
acartes
Honored Contributor

If you power-off the server, and then reset iLO while the server remains off, can you then establish directory access?

My thinking being that perhaps software on the host is interfering, and this would rule that out.
Sean Murray_1
Regular Advisor

Unfortunately not an option at the moment to do that. Can't bring down the boxes yet.

But will try your suggestion when I am able to do so.
Thanks.