Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752808 Members
6131 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Lights-Out Directory Migration and eDirectory

Bill Callan

Lights-Out Directory Migration and eDirectory

Has anybody had any luck getting directory integration to work with eDirectory 8.7.3 on NetWare 6.5? I can get as far as the "Configure Directory" page, plug in the IP address/DNS name of the LDAP server (which works just fine for all other LDAP functions), enter my credentials (cn=username,ou=ctx,o=org) and password, and attempt to browse for the Container DN . However, all I get is a message in the status field saying "This request requires a secure connection". When I try to browse for the Role DN, I get a popup window stating "Unable to access LDAP://. Please verify login credentials, the directory server address and the distinguished name next to the Browse button are all valid. If unsure of what the distinguished name should be, leave it blank". If I type in the context and role DN and hit "Update Directory", I get "This request requires a secure connection". I know for a fact that LDAP and SSL are working for other apps. Do I need to export the server cert to the workstation?
6 REPLIES 6
Wilber_1

Re: Lights-Out Directory Migration and eDirectory

I'm using version 1.12 and have the same problem on migrating to e-Directory.
I can only browse the directory by filling in the login name (cn=name,o=org) and leave the password empty.
Migrating to AD is no problem.
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

CPQLOMIG requires that the correct SSL port be entered in order to establish a secure connection with the directory server. The default port is 636. As for no password for the user, that only works if you have the Netware client installed and are already logged in to the directory with that user.
Wilber_1

Junior Yharte
I'am logged on to the Directory as administrator. See attachment HPQLODMU screen HPQLODMU1.jpg for a print screen. When I fill in the form like this, I can brows both Container DN and Roll DN. When I click Update Directory (without Password) I get the message General access denied error (HPQLODMU screen HPQLODMU2.jpg). Update Directory with password gives The request requires a secure connection. (HPQLODMU screen HPQLODMU3.jpg). It does not make any difference when I change the user name in cn=admin,o=an or .admin.an.
Wilber_1

When I configure iLO manualy. I can connect(logon) to iLO through e-Directory authentication. The only thing I want is to configure and manage every iLO management processor with the tool
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

Ok, the screens helped!! I was able to duplicate your error...let me back track and see what all causes this. One thing that does for sure is that it is easy to pick the wrong role because both the roles and the RILOE objects have the same icon. If you were to select a RILOE object, it would give you this error. The other thing to look at is in consoleOne, under the LDAP server, in the properties section...unselect require TLS for all operations (just for now) and let me know if that helps.
Wilber_1

No RILOE objects are in eDirectory. The TLS setting was already unselected.
When I select TLS, I get always the message this operation requires a secure connection.