108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Locked out after deleting users

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marcus Better

Locked out after deleting users

Hi,

I think I accidentally deleted all the users in iLO2. (Yes, I know, not very clever.) It now refuses to connect either through SSH or web interface. How should I proceed? The system is in a remote location but I can arrange access.

This is a DL-360 system running Linux.

Regards,
Marcus
5 REPLIES 5
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if someone can access the server, then if you switch the position 1 of the system maintainance switch on the systemboard to ON, the security will be disabled and you can logon without entering any credentials and create users.
Check the access panel of the server for specific information, where is the switch on the server model.

Pac
Sharath K S
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
If server is physically accessible then you can reboot the server and during boot time you can press "F8" (boot screen message indicates when to press to configure iLO2). This will take you to iLO2 configuration wizard. Here you can create/modify the iLO2 user by selecting option under user tab.
Hope this helps.

Regards
sks
acartes
Honored Contributor
Solution

There are three options, two have already been discussed:
1) set the security override switch to enable logins. This has the downside of requiring local access and power-off the host.

2) Reboot the host and use iLO RBSU to create a user account. This has the downside of requiring you to bounce the server, as well as possibly local access.

3) Use the HP online scripting utility (HPONCFG) and a sample RIBCL script to create a local user account.
Marcus Better

Thanks to all who answered. We tried rebooting and entering the RBSU, but it said that the iLO was not available or something. So we unplugged the power for a while, after which we could enter the RBSU and add a user.

But I still cannot connect remotely, neither through SSH, web or telnet. The connection is never established. However I can ping the iLO.

I can also configure the iLO using HPONCFG, which seems to work well. HPONCFG tells me all those connection options are enabled. I also upgraded the firmware to 1.50, but it didn't help.
acartes
Honored Contributor

>> But I still cannot connect remotely, neither through SSH, web or telnet. The connection is never established. However I can ping the iLO.

Make sure there is not a network address conflict, i.e., that the PING is actually talking to the iLO processor.

Also see if someone on the local network segment can access the iLO processor. It is possible that firewall/proxies can interfere.