1752587 Members
3735 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: No Video Through RILOE

Roneil Icatar
Occasional Contributor

No Video Through RILOE

I have a RILOE installed in a DL380 G2. When the server POSTS, I get the F8 prompt to configure the RIB. But, when I have the monitor connected to the RIB, I get no video. If I connect the monitor to the onboard video, then I do get video.

This has happened with several RILOEs. Is there a BIOS setting I am missing to disable the onboard video?

Thanks for any info.
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Not that I'm aware of.

You have connected the internal cable from the RILOE to the riser cage? On the RILOE II card that's a 32 pin cable, not sure about the RILOE, but an internal cable is required.

The video conenction should be via the RILOE, the KB & mouse remain on the usual ports. Well that's the case for the RILOE II.

Are you using a RILOE or an RILOE II ?.

If you are using one of the original style of cards check that you have it installed in the correct PCI Slot. More info at

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remote-lightsout/server-slot-matrix.html
Roneil Icatar
Occasional Contributor

It is the RILOE (not II), installed in the proper slot, with the proper internal cable connected.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I don't believe there are any BIOS Settings you need to make. It should see the card. You may have a faulty board.

We recently had a RILOE II that didn't work in a DL380 G2, tested okay in a DL360 G1, but we did prove it was a faulty RILOE. You may want to change the board.
Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

Are you sure it's a G2? If it's a G1, the RILOE needs to be in slot 1. see http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/riloe2/server-slot-matrix.html
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP